August 19, 2010

Putting things away

After three months I've finally started to think about putting some of Mike's things away. I haven't been able to before. Even today I can't help thinking he is going to come home and need those things. Getting rid of any of his things seems almost like giving up. Some of his old t-shirts I took over and will keep his sunglasses and a few jackets. I plan to give his good fishing and hunting gear to his brothers. But his clothes hanging in our closet and put away in our dresser were a comfort to see everyday. Sometimes I'll smell his aftershave or cologne so I didn't want to put that away either. I do realize that this is a task I have to handle at some point. So today I took a small load of dress pants and suit jackets that he very rarely wore to the Goodwill. Even so it was a sad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment