December 31, 2022

At the end of another year...

 I only just realized how long it's been since posted on this blog.  So, seeing as today is the last day of 2022 and a new year starts tomorrow, I thought an update was a good idea.

Since Mike's death my life has changed quite a bit.  I long since have sold the house and the hunting property in Northern Michigan and now live in Virginia.  I started working as a flight attendant a little over 11 years ago.  Most of the pets I had at the time have crossed the rainbow bridge: Bo and Rosie, my beloved Husky/Malamute mix and my chocolate lab girl have been gone quite a while.  Angel and Rocky have passed.  George is still with us.  He was a young cat then and now he's a cranky old man.  I got GusGus in the months after Mike died and he's still with us too and is active and healthy, although a little overweight.  

My girls are grown up and share a rental house nearby.  I met my fiance, Rick, almost 10 years ago while flying with my first airline.  We still haven't tied the knot but we definitely are going to this coming year.  It's been a crazy time with job changes, COVID, family weddings and births, financial ups and downs.  But I'm confident things are settling into a smooth flow now and we can finally actually get officially married!

Do I still Mike's presence from time to time?  Yes, I do.  I know there are many that don't believe in that and Mike was actually one of those.  He believed in heaven and life after death.  But not ghosts.  I do believe, although I'm not that believes everything is paranormal.  I've had interesting experiences in my home that, when I can't logically explain it, I come to believe it may have been Mike making himself known.  But I don't think he's a ghost.  I believe he's with his brothers, parents and friends on the otherside having a great time.  Enjoying the outdoors and maybe Michigan football.  I think he comes by to check on us sometimes.

In short, life has gone on and will continue to go on as long as God is willing it.  My happiness is up to me and I have chosen long ago to be happy and live my best life.  Rick and I have a great relationship and are well matched.  We have Gus and George with us and also have a third cat we named Lucy that is a rescued feral. We adopted a dog we named Rudy two years ago as a tiny pup and he has added so much fun to our lives.   

Rudy

No comments:

Post a Comment