May 22, 2015

Five years later

Today marks the 5th anniversary of Mike's passing.   So much has happened and so much has changed since that day.  Although it's hard to believe five years has passed already, it sometimes seems like it was decades ago.   Now my life is quite different.  I no  longer live in Northern Michigan.   I've been a flight attendant for 3 1/2 years now.  I own a house in Virginia and am in a serious relationship with someone very special for over 2 years.   My girls are both doing well and both very happy and moving on towards their goals in life.  I still have our cat Rocky who is going on 14 years old! My daughter's cat, George, who was a year old when Mike died is still around as well.  Our sweet pups Rosie and Bo have both since crossed the rainbow bridge and I'm sure Mike was there to greet them both and give them pats on the head and belly rubs.  The house has now been sold.  There is still wooded hunting land that I own, though, up in Northern Michigan.   Mike spent many many hours out there caring for it and hunting on it.  

Yes, life has changed very much and I can say I'm honestly happy with my life today.  Even though grief can stop you in your tracks and set you back, you can move forward in your life and find happiness.  You can find new love.  You can start a new career.  If you want, you can move to a new place and start over.  You can go back to school and learn a new trade or get your degree.  You can learn a new language or pursue a new hobby (or an old one you've always had). Kick a bad habit.  Start working out and eating better.  You can travel and see places you've never seen.  You don't stop living because someone you loved did.   A lesson to be learned is how short life is and how you never know what's up ahead.   Be happy now and live your life.  Make every day count.  

No comments:

Post a Comment