July 14, 2012

Give Yourself a Moment

Recall a time alone,

when you called out a name;

but there was no encouragement

and nobody came.

Simply light a candle…

feel the comfort in its glow.

Soon you’ll sense a ‘Presence’

and your loneliness will go.

Refresh yourself each day…

within the candle’s ray.

Use the ‘Light’ it sheds on you…

to chase darkness away.

Give yourself a moment,

in a place where you’re apart.

Surrender in the solitude…

the burdens of your heart.

Peacefulness will follow,

bringing harmony to heal.

Light a candle as a symbol –

of a ‘Presence’ which is real.

Facebook.com/LiteACandle

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this. I really needed to hear this tonight. I'm missing him so much and just feeling lonely, even though I've just been on the phone for an hour and a half with my best friend. I'm going to go light a candle. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete